WHAT WE BELIEVE
- We believe that scripture is our authority on matters of faith and practice.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ and the Bible should have the place of pre-eminence in the church, home and each person's life. By doing this, there is a joyful and victorious Christian testimony.
- We believe that we are commissioned by our Savior to
"Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature." We want to witness effectively in Washington, DC and all parts of the world in our Missionary ministry.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ has left a legacy of joy to all that would commit their life to Him. We believe in being joyful here on earth and though all eternity.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We believe that all Scripture is given by inspiration of God. (2 Tim. 3:16). We understand this to mean that the whole Bible is inspired in that holy men of God were moved by the Holy Spirit (2 Pet.1:21) to write the very words of Scripture.
- We believe that this divine inspiration extends equally and fully to all parts of Scripture as it appeared in the original manuscripts.
- We believe that the whole Bible in the originals is therefore without error. We believe that all the Scriptures center around the Lord Jesus Christ in His person and work, in His first and second coming, and hence that no portion, even of the Old Testament, is properly read, or understood, until it leads to Him.
- We also believe that all Scripture was designed for our practical instruction. (Luke 24:27, 44; John 5:39; Rom. 15:4; 1 Cor. 10:11; 2 Tim. 3:16)
The Triune God
- We believe that there is only one true God. He is revealed to us as Father, Son and Holy Spirit, each with distinct personal attributes, but without division of nature. (John 4:23-24; Matt. 28:19)
God the Father
- God, as Father, reigns over His entire universe with providential care.
- He is all-powerful, all loving, all knowing and all wise.
- He is fatherly in attitude toward all men but is Father, indeed, to those who have become children of God through Jesus Christ, Who will deliver them into the Father's hands. (Gen. 1:1; 1 Chron. 29:10; Jer. 10:10, Matt. 6:9; Acts 1:7; Rom. 8:14, 15; 1 Cor. 8:6; 1 Cor. 15:24; Eph.4:6)
God the Son
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man without ceasing to be God, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin, in order that He might reveal God and redeem sinful man.
- This redemption He accomplished by voluntarily giving Himself as a sinless, substitutionary sacrifice on the cross, thereby satisfying God's righteous judgment against sin. After substantiating the accomplishment of that redemption/justification by His bodily resurrection from the grave, He ascended to the right hand of His Father where He intercedes on behalf of those who trust Him. (Luke 1:34; John 1:1, 2, 14, 18; Rom. 3:24-26, 8:34)
God the Holy Spirit
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is the Divine Person who convicts each person of sin (righteousness and judgment), that He alone brings new life to those who are spiritually dead; that He baptizes (or places) all believers into the one true church, which is the Body of Christ; that He indwells them permanently, seals them unto the day of final redemption, bestows spiritual gifts upon them, fills (controls) those who are yielding to Him.
- Every believer is called to live so in the power of the indwelling Spirit that he will not fulfill the lust of the flesh but will bear fruit to the glory of God. (John 3:3-8, 14:16, 17, 16:7-11; 1Cor. 12:7-11, 13; Eph. 4:30, 5:18)
- We believe that man was created directly by and in the image of God. We believe that God created the heavens and the earth, including all life, by direct act. (Gen. 1:1; John 1:3; Col. 1:16, 17)