Contact Person: Sharon Davis
for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness Christ; - Ephesians 4:12-13
The Church School Ministry has been in existence since September 1924. It started as one class in the same room. It has grown to 12 classes. Each class has an assigned classroom. There are classes for age specific and intergenerational study that uses the team teaching approach.
The purpose of this ministry is to teach the messages of the Bible so sinners will be lead to Christ and Christians will develop a Christ-like maturity that reflect in their lives at home, in school, in the community, and in the world, so others are lead to follow Him as Lord and Savior.
The goals of the Church School Ministry are:
The objectives of the Church School Ministry are:
- Bible learning teaching and guiding students in discovering and applying Bible truth;
- Fellowship providing positive interaction of encouragement and support;
- Service promoting opportunities to serve God and minister to others; and
- Evangelism equipping and motivating teachers and students to reach more people for Christ and incorporating new converts into the life of the church.
The Church School Ministry meets bi-monthly or as needed.
- to increase church school attendance through evangelistic outreach;
- to provide training opportunities so teachers can communicate the Word of God in such a way that others will learn what Gods will is in their lives; and
- to be effective witnesses by examples of faith and conduct, according to the teachings of Christ.
The Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent are appointed by the Pastor and approved by the church body. The following are elected offices in the Church School Ministry: Adult Division Superintendent, Youth Division Superintendent, Recording Secretary, Assistant Recording Secretary, Enrollment Secretary, Financial Secretary, Special Events Coordinator, Food Coordinator, and Chaplain.
- Toddlers (ages 2-3)
- Preschool (ages 4-5)
- Early Elementary (grades 2-3)
- Upper Elementary (grades 4-5)
- Middle School (grades 6-8)
- High School (grade 9-12)
- Young Adults
- Adult Class #1
- Adult Class #2
- Adult Class #3
- Adult Class #4
Church School Grant
The Church School awards grants at the beginning of the school year to encourage high school graduating students to continue their education. Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria. Applications may be obtained from a high school or young adult teacher.