Contact Person: Doris Darden
I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me. - Matt 25:36
And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. - James 5:15
The Nurses Ministry was created in 1946 under the leadership of The Late Reverend Julius Wheeler. This Ministry has acquired various medical instruments, equipped a health room, and given health fairs and workshops to name a few.
The purpose of this ministry is to love, care for, aid, and comfort those in need, particularly during the worship service.
The goals of the Nurses Ministry are:
The objectives of the Nurses Ministry are:
- to administer comfort and aid to stricken individuals as needed;
- to promote health and safety;
- to inform the congregation of Gods healing power and to encourage their belief to trust in God in all matters, whether they be physical problems or emotional needs;
- to address and circulate informative literature relating to health and life; and
- to offer first aid training to the congregation.
The following are elected offices in the Nurses Ministry: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Chaplain.
- to serve the Pastor and the congregation each Sunday, at funerals, and other occasions; and
- to provide assistance if an emergency arises until professional help arrives.