Contact Person: Nazell Alston
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. - Proverbs 22:6
Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. - I Timothy 4:12
To view the latest edition of our youth newsletter Click Here
The Youth Ministry was organized in 1983. The purpose of this Ministry is to promote growth in religious faith and conviction and to nurture positive social values in the youth of the Antioch Baptist Church. This Ministry also serves as a mechanism by which youth will:
The goals of the Youth Ministry are:
- come together and develop biblical knowledge;
- apply faith to their everyday living;
- build friendships;
- help others;
- fellowship; and
- teach moral values.
The objectives of the Youth Ministry are:
- to teach the youth how to chose what is faithful;
- to get the youth involved in training, seminars, discussions, camping, Vacation Bible School, social activities, cultural activities, and sports;
- to get the youth more involved in church and grow in faith; and
- to teach the youth to apply the faith values they have chosen and affirm for themselves through individual and social actions.
This Ministry encourages the youth to attend classes which are offered by the Progressive National Baptist Congress (PNBC). Some of our youth participate in monthly meetings for the youth segment of the Congress. Many of our youth take classes at the Regional Congress.
- to plan activities which leads to more faith and address the needs and interests of participants;
- to reach the youth in the community who have no church affiliation; and
- to provide an opportunity for growth and support in faith.
The following are elected offices in the Youth Ministry: President, Secretary, Treasurer, Business Manager, and Chaplain.